Friends of Little Saigon is hiring a full-time work study qualified summer intern. The Research & Advocacy Intern is responsible for researching, analyzing, and supporting FLS’s mission and program goals.
Research & Analysis:
- Conduct market research on ethnic small business industries, housing, and other community needs in the Vietnamese/Southeast Asian community.
- Reach out to partners, organizations, and individuals to gather information and data.
- Analyze quality, usefulness, cultural relevance/competency and gaps in services, tools, and resources.
- Document the Vietnamese community’s needs, changes, and growth.
- Develop research reports that demonstrate goals, outcomes, and recommendations.
- Identify & recommend strategies for addressing the gaps in services.
- Work with partners and community members on implementing strategies.
- Create multimedia advocacy tools and information.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and necessary events to advocate for the identified needs.
- Support other programs and activities as assigned.
- Junior, senior, or Masters level in business administration, public administration, public policy, economics,statistics, math, ethnic studies, or a related field.
- Intermediate-level research experience and understanding of Census Tracking.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to identify innovative ways for technology to support organizational objectives.
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and create systems and processes necessary for project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in speaking Vietnamese is desirable, but not required.
Terms of Employment
$16.00 an hour; Up to 40 hours a week for the summer (July-September) for work study qualified students. Or up to 20 hours a week for non-work study applicants.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Priority consideration for applications received by Friday, June 21, 2019.
FLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, political ideology, physical or mental disability, military, or veteran status.