Friends of Little Saigon is hiring a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and implementing strategies that inspire, motivate and mobilize small business owners, developers, Vietnamese community members, and neighborhood allies to volunteer, support and advocate for the Friends of Little Saigon’s (FLS) mission to “preserve and enhance Little Saigon’s cultural, economic, and historic vitality”.
Outreach & Engagement
- Develop and implement a community engagement plan with strategies/tactics as approved.
- Develop ways to assist business owners understand public policies, how it impacts their business(es), and how they can address problems and concerns and/or access resources.
- Evaluate engagement strategies, tactics and activities, recommend changes and implement as approved, to improve effectiveness.
- Guide, assist, train and support volunteers involved in community engagement.
- Identify potential community partners, and as approved build lasting and reciprocal relationships.
- Create opportunities for early community involvement to identify community needs and shape solutions in partnership and in support of other organizations.
- Identify and remove barriers for culturally and economically diverse communities to lead and participate in FLS activities.
- Use training, one-on-one interviews, and small group meetings and other facilitation techniques to engage small businesses and community stakeholders in proactive community problem solving activities.
- Collaborate with community partners to successfully accomplish FLS and community goals.
- Manage small business cases by supporting with marketing, business planning, and other technical assistance.
Operations & Administration
- Recruit, orient, train and coordinate volunteers for projects and events.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports related to program activities.
- Report to supervisor and as needed present to Board of Directors, on the status of or issues involved in activities.
- Create approved content for social media and online communications around FLS activities.
- Support other programs and activities as assigned.
- Two years of experience in community relations, project management, marketing, business planning, community organizing or other related areas.
- Fluent in Vietnamese.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and create systems and processes necessary for project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for managing and enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
Starting wage: $18.00-$20.00/hr. $700/month stipend to cover health insurance. Paid time off includes PTO, holidays and sick leave. Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
FLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, political ideology, physical or mental disability, military, or veteran status.