Friends of Little Saigon is hiring a full-time Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for managing FLS programs, in addition to supporting admin and operations for the organization. The manager administers the programs implementation and outcomes to ensure they align with the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
Operations & Administration:
- Manages staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Establishes fundraising and development goals for programs.
- Ensures that program/project milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Schedules and forecasts planning for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
- Assist in the development of grant applications and/or proposals.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports related to program activities.
- Create communications plan and work with staff to curate content for social media and other public relations information around FLS activities.
- Develop and implement a community engagement plan and/or marketing plan to promote new Little Saigon Creative space and resources.
- Guide, train and support volunteers/Little Saigon Liaison to manage daily usage of Creative Space (i.e. refill of supplies, equipment, greeting, rentals, program info, etc.)
- Identify potential community partners, and build lasting and reciprocal relationships.
- Identify and remove barriers for culturally and economically diverse communities to lead and participate in FLS activities.
- Management of Little Saigon Creative space including events and rentals.
- Arts & Culture
- Manage bi-annual exhibit, working with staff and partners to develop concept, curate art, plan opening events, and fundraise for additional exhibits.
- Oversee Vietnamese Language & Exploration Classes.
- Small Business Support
- Work with staff to connect businesses with resources and support
- Develop key small business resources
- Community Library & Resource
- Work with partners to curate community resources and build-out library
- Establish a system for managing and usage of community resources
- Maintain up to date and rotating resources available in the Little Saigon Creative Space
- Two years experience in program management, community relations, project management, operations, public administration or other related areas.
- Proficient in Vietnamese.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to identify innovative ways for technology to support organizational objectives.
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and create systems and processes necessary for project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for managing and enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
Terms of Employment
Contract position for first 3 months at a rate of $27/hr. with full-time opportunity at $60,000 annual salary, exempt position starting around June 2020. This compensation package includes health insurance stipend, Paid Time Off, sick leave, holidays and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Priority consideration for applications received by Monday, February 3, 2020.
FLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, political ideology, physical or mental disability, military, or veteran status.