Interested in volunteering? Want to support Friends of Little Saigon and the Little Saigon neighborhood? Volunteers would support the following activities:
- Special events – Organize and support events in Little Saigon to celebrate Vietnamese culture and traditions.
- Outreach and awareness – Conduct outreach and awareness by passing out flyers or tabling at events and neighborhoods.
- Cleanliness – Join the Chinatown International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA) for monthly community clean ups on the third Sunday of every month from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Or if you’d like to help create or set up a monthly community clean up specifically for Little Saigon, let us know so we can support in creating it!
- Vietnamese translation & interpretation – Help translate and/or interpret during business coaching for small business owners. Also help translate and/or interpret flyers, newsletters, or general information.
- Public art – Work with professional and community artists on creating art in Little Saigon.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please fill out the volunteer form: https://forms.gle/2hBuMf4Wj8gLfyMr7
Alternatively, you can contact our Community Engagement Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community members who are interested in being an advocate and actively participate in decision-making, you can join a committee! Your role would be to plan and participate in monthly meetings on the following topics:
- FLS Board of Directors – currently recruiting
- Little Saigon Park Advisory – full
- CID Public Safety Council – currently recruiting
- Urban Design Guidance – coming soon
Interested in being an advocate? Contact us at email@example.com