Learn more about what’s happening in and around the neighborhood! Special events and news are updated here bi-weekly.
The 6th Annual API Candidates & Issues Forum – October 11
Pedestrian Wayfinding – October 15
When: October 15th between 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Hirabayashi Place
Refreshments will be provided, and participants will be acknowledged for their time with a $60 Safeway gift card. The conversation will be led and facilitated by Community Liaisons (English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Vietnamese). Volunteers must be available on this date to be considered. SDOT is requesting people to sign up to be considered for the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 206-615-0429 by October 5, 2018.
Rainier Ave Closures – October
- Rainier Ave. at I-90 is planned to be closed during the following weekends and times:
- October 12 – 14 (Friday 11 p.m. – Monday 5 a.m.)
- October 19 – 21 (Friday 11 p.m. – Monday 5 a.m.)
- October 26 – 28 (Friday 11 p.m. – Monday 5 a.m.)
- Northbound traffic will be detoured to 23rd Ave. with southbound traffic detoured to MLK Jr. Way S
- Buses will be detoured as well:
- Northbound: Buses will detour to Martin Luther King Jr. Way S at S Massachusetts St. before turning left on S Jackson St. to Rainier Ave S and to continue their normal service. All stops on the reroute will be serviced.
- Southbound: Buses will continue east on S Jackson St. before turning right on Martin Luther King Jr. Way S. Buses will then turn right on S Massachusetts and left onto Rainier Ave. S to continue their normal service. All stops on the reroute will be serviced.
- Bust stops on Rainier Ave. S between S. Jackson St. and S. Massachusetts St. will not be served by routes 7 or 106 during this time. Bus stops at Rainier Ave. S and S. Charles St. (to enter and exit I-90) will remain open and serviced by ST Express 554.
Register to vote in the ISRD Board Elections – October 19
The annual election for the International Special Review District (ISRD) Board is approaching! There are two positions open this year: one for a Business Person, Property owner or Employee and one for an At-Large position.
- Register to vote before Friday, Oct. 19
- If you are an employee, make sure to fill out a employment verification form
- Election nominations before Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Date of election is Tuesday, Nov. 20, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
CID Public Safety Forum
Occurs monthly on the 3rd Tuesday for the CID community to discuss public safety issues happening in the neighborhood. Contact Sonny Nguyen at email@example.com to be added to the mailing list for upcoming agendas.
When: 3rd Tuesdays from 3:00-4:00 PM
Where: Bush Hotel’s conference room (entrance through Hing Hay Park)